Revenue Cycle Data Integrity Analyst
Cuyuna Regional Medical Center
The Revenue Cycle Data Integrity Analyst reviews and analyzes coding and medical documentation; reviews hospital and clinical encounters for accuracy and regulatory compliance; reviews revenue cycle data; analyzes data changes affected by system interfaces and back-end revenue cycle activities; provides feedback and training to revenue cycle team, providers, and other clinical staff. Will provide face-to-face coding and documentation education and feedback to providers on all aspects of their documentation and charge capture. This position will support requirements and systems changes that affect physician and clinician’s documentation and will assist in documentation and/or coding audits. The Revenue Cycle Data Integrity Analyst will collaborate with revenue cycle staff and all clinical areas to identify trends for education needs.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management, or related field preferred, extensive training and/or experience will be considered.
- RHIA or RHIT certification preferred. Willing to obtain CDIP, CPMA, CEMC, or CPC-I within 12 months of hire. ICD-10 training certification strongly preferred.
- Special Skills and Aptitudes:
- Decisive critical thinker who is able to adapt to constantly changing environment while paying attention to details. Extensive knowledge of medical coding (ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT/HCPCS) and state, federal and Medicare regulations. Capable of working both in a team and individual environment. Excellent communication, both written and verbal; confident in giving constructive criticism and feedback to healthcare professionals at all levels. Strong leadership qualities combined with a positive attitude. Enthusiasm for speaking in front of groups.
- Ensure regulatory compliance by remaining up-to-date with federal and state coding regulations with the ability to explain them concisely and ensures that any necessary changes to existing processes have been made and instituted as standard practice.
- Outline organizational and departmental standards and expectations for new providers and coding staff relating to documentation and coding.
- Design or coordinate all components of a successful educational process-including lesson plans and materials used-and trains clinicians, physicians, coders and other staff in sessions tailored to the respective functions and responsibilities of each position.
- Monitor performance and compliance through periodically conducting audits for inpatient, outpatient, and clinical services.
- Analyze coding and medical documentation to target areas for improvement; present these findings to Director; then create specified curriculum geared toward helping staff overcome these issues.
- Create relationships with physicians and clinicians by holding face-to-face discussions with them covering information gaps and suggestions for quality/accuracy improvement.
- Bring a deep understanding of all coding systems employed.
- Stays current on any regulation, best practices, or processes related to the implementation of ICD-10 and passes this knowledge on to all affected staff members.
- Analyze data changes affected by system interfaces (3M) or by back-end revenue cycle activities.
- Serve as a resource with patient complaints and claim denials and assist with coordinating actions to resolve issues due to patient complaints and/or claim denials.
- Assist with workflows to enhance utilization review.
- Assist with HIM or Business Office workflows as needed to assist workflows or improved documentation.
- Assist with encoding and system software changes and support as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA standards at all times.
- Serve as figurehead by exemplifying the appearance, behavior, knowledge, abilities expected by the department.
- Retain professional appearance while personifying CRMC’s mission in interaction with colleagues, staff, physicians and patients.
- Meet with all providers as they on-board and follow up with review of services at 3 and 6 months.
- Assist with onboarding and training of new coding staff.
- Coordinate with outside agencies for auditing and coding assistance as needed.
- Demonstrate Standards of Excellence when other duties are assigned.
Why Cuyuna Regional Medical Center? CRMC provides the highest quality patient care by hiring exceptional, qualified individuals and providing opportunities for growth and advancement. We are more than 1,000 employees working in a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care and innovative medical specialties. From our expansive surgery suites with leading edge technology to our resort inspired senior living spaces, from trauma to routine, obstetrics to hospice, we provide services across the continuum of care – all in Minnesota’s beautiful Brainerd lakes country. For more information about our medical campus visit: http://www.cuyunamed.org.
We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes exceptional benefits.
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/cuyuna#/job/5976