MHIMA Call for Board Nominations
The MHIMA Nominating Committee is re-opening the submission period for additional President-elect nominations. To date, only one candidate has been submitted for consideration. The new deadline for receipt of nominations is Thursday, January 16th.
- Serve as aide to the President and assume duties of the President in the event of his/her inability to act.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the MHIMA Mission, Vision, Bylaws, Policy and Procedures and the organization – how it functions, proposed activities, budget and budget procedures, long-range strategies and annual work plan.
- Attend all Board of Directors meetings.
- Prepare to serve as a Delegate to AHIMA House of Delegates.
- Assist the President in processing correspondence and other communication from component state associations, AHIMA, and other organizations.
- Monitor and participate in the MHIMA Minnesota and Board Engage Communities.
- Prepare to appoint committee/project team chairs for next fiscal year.
- Sign MHIMA’s Conflict of Interest statement annually as required.
- President Elect candidates must have an AHIMA-approved credential
- President-Elect candidates shall have been a MHIMA board member within the last five (5) years, MHIMA committee chair within the last three (3) years, a Regional President within the last three (3) years, or active as an AHIMA volunteer role within the past three (3) years.
The election occurs in March 2020 and elected individuals take office on July 1st, 2020.
If you have questions about volunteering, are interested in volunteering, or want to recommend someone for consideration, please contact Mary Juenemann at Juenemann.Mary@mayo.edu no later than Thursday, January 16th.