Inpatient Coder Supervisor
* $2500 Sign On Bonus
This position is responsible for maintaining, overseeing, and ensuring coding functions are performed in accordance with system-wide policies, procedures, and governing bodies. He/she monitors staff and department performance and productivity levels and proposes ways to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity. Promotes effective use of data for quality assessment and improvement of customer services and clinical comes, creates and manages employee work schedules, provides feedback to employees through formal and informal coaching, and prepares and administers staff performance reviews, and partners with human resources in the recruiting and interview process.
Key Position Details:
Daytime hours Monday – Friday
Work remotely from home
This is an inpatient hospital bill Coding Supervisor position (DRG’s, ICD-10-PCS procedure coding; no professional fee, no CPT procedure coding responsibilities)
- Ensures functions performed in accordance with system-wide policies, procedures, and governing organizations.
- Defines individual and team goals.
- Monitors staff and department performance and productivity levels and proposes ways to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity.
- Analyzes and identifies problem areas and adjust processes and staffing priorities.
- Collaborates with the coding manager, coding director, clinic administrators, finance leaders, and health care providers to ensure quality data.
- Promotes effective use of data for quality assessment and improvement of customer services and clinical outcomes.
- Coordinates and provides billing and coding education to physicians, providers, coders, and management.
- May monitor physician profiles to identify trends and areas of improvement.
- Coordinates day-to-day support of staff and the department.
- Creates and manages employee work schedules.
- Provides feedback to employees through formal and informal coaching.
- Prepares and administers staff performance reviews.
- Analyzes performance metrics to locate and resolve issues and trends.
- Partners with Human Resources in the recruiting and interview process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Vocational degree in Health Information Technician, Certified Coding Specialist, or Certified Professional Coder preferred and
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Health Information Technology, or related field preferred and
- Less than 2 years healthcare experience preferred and
- 2 to 5 years experience working with governmental compliance rules/regulations and coding guidelines preferred and
- Less than 2 years supervisor experience preferred
- Registered Health Information Administrator – American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) preferred upon hire or
- Registered Health Information Technician – American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) required upon hire or
- Certified Coding Specialist – American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) required upon hire or
- Certified Professional Coder – American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) required upon hire
- See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
- Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
- I help team members understand how their efforts connect to the Allina mission
- I energize the team and use recognition to reinforce what is truly valued
- I understand how to use change management to help teams adapt to evolving circumstances
- I demonstrate trust in others and help them learn from their successes and failures
- Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and collegial care
- I advocate for individuals with talent by highlighting their potential
- I provide feedback with assertiveness, candor and diplomacy
- I show an active interest in the development path of each of my team members
- I model development by talking about my journey and development goals
- Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
- I define expectations and priorities that my team understands
- I reinforce continuous improvement disciplines and methods
- I declare firm opinions and make timely decisions
- I clarify work scope and use feedback mechanisms to monitor performance standards
- Succeed Together: Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
- I foster teamwork by being socially observant and fostering cooperation
- I connect authentically and actively seek to build trust
- I demonstrate generosity and provide support to enable the success of others
- I encourage diverse perspectives and the free flow of ideas
- I facilitate constructive debate
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please send resumes to Aaron Hunter at Aaron.Hunter@allina.com. If you have questions please call Aaron at 612-262-8203