Health Information Technician, Program Coordinator
Health Information Technician Program Coordinator
The Health Information Technician Program Coordinator provides leadership to the Health Information Technician program and is a brilliant position for career-minded and goal-oriented individuals to experience an entrepreneurial, values-driven culture; a rapidly growing business driven by societal and educational trends; a robust and defined career path; and most importantly, the opportunity to positively impact the lives of aspiring students and their communities. The employee will leverage his/her experience and knowledge of their field to set the stage for the success of these career-oriented students. Through creating course material that will truly fulfill the educational needs of every student; the Health Information Technician Program Coordinator will play an integral role in the success and overall positive experience for students of Rasmussen College.
- Health Information Technician industry connections to support externship placements, employment opportunities and program growth
- Work effectively with faculty, staff, students, administration, vendors, College departments and programmatic accreditors to manage the HIT program
- Lead and support the HIT program, including instructional design, delivery systems, program and student evaluation, admissions and advising; ensure program complies with college, state, and federal laws, standards and guidelines
- Plan and develop a variety of instructional objectives and experiences appropriate to the HIT program goals including appropriate general education requirements for the degree; teach a variety of HIT courses
- Present to and engage groups of students to achieve their educational goals
- Maintain positive student retention and ensure a quality educational experience
- Demonstrate passion for the Health Information Technician field
- Participate in training, observation and evaluation
- Ensure compliance with College and programmatic accreditation, regulations and policies
- The Health Information Technician Program Coordinator will report to an Academic Dean.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management required. If Bachelor’s is out of field, then Associate degree in HIT or Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Health Information Management or Master’s in HIM
- Current Registered Health Information Management Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) credential from the American Health Information Management Association.
- 3 or more years work experience in the healthcare field
- 3 or more years of previous teaching, training, and curriculum development experience in higher education preferred
- Persuasive communication skills, with ability to demonstrate results
- Active community connections to assist students with internship/employment opportunities a plus
- Must be able to provide professional certifications and official transcripts for each degree earned from an accredited institution
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college specializing in high-demand educational programs in a supportive, student-centered environment. Rasmussen College offers Certificate and Diploma programs through Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees online and across its 23 Midwest and Florida campuses. By combining career development expertise, high academic standards and exceptional student support services, Rasmussen College graduates gain the skills to succeed in their chosen field. Since 1900, Rasmussen College has been dedicated to being a primary contributor to the growth and development of the communities it serves. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit rasmussen.edu.
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee’s differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management required. If Bachelor’s is out of field, then Associate degree in HIT or Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Health Information Management or Master’s in HIM
- 401k Match