Coding Specialist I
Patients are at the heart of all we do at the Mankato Clinic. We respect our patients and each other. And we work together as a team to provide compassionate, high quality care and an awesome patient experience.
The Mankato Clinic is locally owned by our physicians who are committed to the health of this region. We offer primary and specialty care with more than 175 providers and nearly 700 employees located across 11 sites in 4 communities, including Mankato, North Mankato, St. Peter, and Mapleton. We value each and every member of our staff, empower employees to make decisions and promote honest and open communication.
We believe diversity builds a stronger community where all people can thrive. Mankato Clinic promotes an inclusive environment where people feel they belong.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and select individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, national origin, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
- Full-time, 80 hours/pay period
- Fully remote, work-from-home position (Candidates for this position need to live within 100 miles of the Mankato Clinic)
- 4-6 week training period would be during day shift. After training is complete, position’s hours are open/flexible.
This position is responsible for reviewing all necessary documentation and assigning diagnosis and procedure codes which most accurately reflect documentation. The Coding Specialist I is responsible for coding: outpatient evaluation & management visits and/or ancillary services. We’re looking for a candidate knowledgeable of all coding guidelines and payer rules, able to complete all charges within the set goals/deadlines, able to communicate effectively with all team members, follow procedures and willing to take on new challenges and assist others whenever needed.
- Formal coding training through a certified coding program, AND/OR
- 3 – 5 years of experience in an outpatient or inpatient coding setting
- thorough knowledge of medical terminology & anatomy
- excellent reading comprehension
- attention to detail
- ability to work effectively while maintaining heavy workload
Must obtain coding certification within one year of employment.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of drug screen, health assessment, and background check.
All employees scheduled 60-80 hours per pay period are eligible for full benefits.
- Health Insurance – all care received at the Mankato Clinic for employees and family members on the plan is covered at 100% after a $25 copay.
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off as well as Extended Leave Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance/AD&D provided by Mankato Clinic
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Generous 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Volunteer program to support the non-profits that matter to you
- Education Assistance
- Wellness Program
- Employee Appreciation Events
Visit http://www.mankatoclinic.com/competitive-benefits-package to view all benefits.
Apply Online: https://www.mankatoclinic.com/join-our-team