Riverwood Healthcare Center
Why Choose Riverwood Healthcare Center?
Riverwood Healthcare Center is a 25-bed Critical Access hospital with three full-service clinics in Aitkin, McGregor and Garrison. Come grow with us! Riverwood is expanding and building a state-of-the-art surgical center with anticipated completion in 2024.
Just two hours from the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro, this is an opportunity to live and work where others play in the heart of Minnesota’s Northwoods and beautiful lakes country. Enjoy access to an abundance of natural wonders including lakes, rivers, and streams including state parks, wildlife refuge, ATV and bike trails for all your outdoor recreational activities.
The work culture at Riverwood reflects the friendly, more relaxed atmosphere of the communities we serve. Our staff is welcoming and supportive of one another. Our goal is to deliver healthcare from the heart to every patient every day.
Join our team in delivering outstanding patient care, from robotic-assisted, minimally invasive surgery to comprehensive specialty services and convenient primary care for all ages. For more information, visit www.riverwoodhealthcare.org
Riverwood is an equal opportunity employer
Coding position for experienced, trained coder with Same Day Surgery, Inpatient, Outpatient and/or Emergency Room coding. Responsible for accurate and timely assignment of ICD 10CM and PCS, CPT, HCPCS coding
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and maintain strict confidentiality. In addition, this individual must have excellent communication skills and demonstrated administrative and managerial skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assign appropriate diagnosis and procedure utilizing ICD-10-CM and PCS, CPT, HCPCS and DRG and APC assignments using computerized encoder.
- In some cases, code and abstract clinical data and demographic data using standardized coding regulations and abstracting rules. This information is then used to determine reimbursement levels, assess quality of care, study patterns of illness and injuries, compare healthcare data between facilities and physicians and payer reporting requirements.
- Review for the accuracy of charges assigned to accounts.
- Research complex coding scenarios and query providers on documentation for clarification
- Assist in the resolution of clinical documentation and provide feedback to providers on the quality of their documentation. Query provider for additional documentation according to established procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in education of multidisciplinary team members, including providers, as it pertains to frequently changing mandate rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Evaluate, problem solve issues and/or discrepancies, and recognize when additional information or documentation required to code. Maintains knowledge of and complies with all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Safeguard security and confidentiality of data/information according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Assume responsibility for completing mandatory educational requirements.
Education and Experience
Graduate of Certificate program in coding or Associate degree in HIM technology or Coding program; Certified coding specialist(CCS), Certified professional Coder(CPC), Registered Health Information Technician(RHIT), or Registered Health Information Administrator(RHIA). One year of coding experience, preferred, in one of the areas listed above.
Apply Online: http://www.riverwoodhealthcare.org