2020 MHIMA Annual Meeting – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
MHIMA, along with AHIMA, is aware of the growing concern regarding the increasingly reported cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the US. COVID-19 is not widespread but it is good for us all to be aware of our surroundings and maintain common-sense action. With the 2020 MHIMA Annual Meeting approaching, we are keeping in mind the safety of our attendees, speakers, exhibitors and Treasure Island staff. We will still be holding our Annual Meeting but would recommend everyone to be advised of the following health and safety precautions:
- A “handshake-free” meeting.
- Hand sanitation sites will be available in public areas, providing alcohol-based hand sanitizer for all attendees and staff.
- Disposable, disinfectant wipes will be provided so commonly used surfaces (e.g. laptop, presentation materials, tables, etc.) can be routinely wiped down.
Keep calm and remember to use common-sense precautions in your everyday personal and work activities. Here are some great points provided by AHIMA to protect yourself and others.
- Stay informed about COVID-19.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60-95% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or using your upper sleeve, not your hands. Dispose of tissues promptly.
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Stay home if you are unwell.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance.
- Clean areas using basic cleaning and disinfecting products.
MHIMA wishes all of you good health and see you at the 2020 Annual Meeting April 29-May 1, 2020 at Treasure Island Resort and Casino.